The JQ Young Academy invites early career researchers of the Goethe University to the political heart of Europe!
Through intergenerational and cross-disciplinary exchanges and discussions, we want to be the voice of scientists to the current European political scene.
We award ten early career researchers with traveling grants to the Interdisciplinary Symposium “Nature and Normativity” which will be held on October 1-2, 2019 in the Representation of the State Hessen to the European Union.
The traveling grant includes the costs of travel and accommodation in the hotel of our choice for one night plus breakfast. Catering services during the entire symposium are provided.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your informal motivation letter by 31.08.2019 containing max. 300 words to Brussels2019@em.uni-frankfurt.de. Indicate why you are interested to join us and in which panel particularly you wish to debate.
Highlights of the programme:
- Normative Properties and Normative of Naturalness
- Nature of Language: A link to the developments in biology
- Scientific Databases: global informational exchange
- Disciplinarily and Interdisciplinary Research: Chances, Risks, Trends
- Circular Economy in the EU: The Plastics Challenge
- Attending the lecture and a podium discussion of laureates of the „Friedenspreis des Deutschen Buchhandels 2018” Profs. Aleida and Jan Assmann
Key speakers: Established international scientists, Head of Units from the EU commission, NGO’s and members of the EU Parliamentary.
More information: www.jqya.de