The Goethe Research Academy for Early Career Researchers (GRADE) awards four research assistantships to international doctoral candidates of Goethe University Frankfurt. The assistantships are sponsored by the STIBET program of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
The GRADE Research Assistantships are made available to international doctoral candidates in order to include them in research projects conducted by faculty staff of Goethe University. The project needs to be clearly distinguishable from work on the PhD thesis. Successful applicants will receive a contract of work (“Werkvertrag”) of 500 Euro/month for a period of 3 months (comparing to the hourly rate for research assistants -– “wissenschaftliche Hilfskräfte” – paid at Goethe University, this amounts to 20-25 hours per month).
International doctoral candidates who have received their university entrance authorization (Abitur, high-school diploma) abroad may apply for the assistantship, provided they have been admitted as doctoral candidates by one of the faculties of Goethe University and do not hold a position at GU. Another contract as research assistant is allowed if it is possible to raise the monthly working hours (max. 80 h overall).
The following application documents should be submitted as one PDF file by July 4, 2022:
- completed application form (www.grade.uni-frankfurt.de)
- completed form “Confirmation Contract of Work”
- CV and a copy of the last academic degree (with grades)
- faculty letter of admission as doctoral candidate at Goethe University Frankfurt
- confirmation from the project leader about the applicant’s participation in a research project at Goethe University with short project description
- a letter of recommendation from the candidate’s main supervisor (can be identical with the project leader)
Applications should be submitted by e-mail (one PDF file) to:
Goethe Research Academy for Early Career Researchers
Dr. Axel Kohler
phone: +49 (0)69 798-49406
Deadline for applications is July 4, 2022!